The objectives of the Situational Analysis is to provide a comprehensive overview of the state of women’s participation in political decision making at all levels, including in political parties, the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and the media. It highlight the importance women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision making in political and public life and make recommendations for increasing WPP. The research was conducted during the months of October to December 2020. The launch of the Situational Analysis will bring together women from all political parties who participated in the research, development partners, government, stakeholders, CSOs and academia.
This launch will give Gender Links an opportunity to:-
- Share with participants the research findings and lessons learnt
- Roll out the cross-generation dialogues that will be conducted in 6 regions in Botswana.
- Through the upcoming regional and national WPP training Academy, capacitate aspiring women politician to stand for political office in the next general elections.
- All stakeholder to have an insight and understanding of the project in order to have buy-in and support.
- Create awareness on the upcoming Constitutional Review and share possible electoral reforms that can increase number of women in Councils and Parliament.
Read situational analysis below: