Welcome to WPP’s site. For details of who we are, please see About Us.
This policy explains how we will use any personal information we collect from you when you use this site. By using this site you are agreeing to our use of your personal information as described.
We collect personal information from you when you:
use some of our Data, or Tools
- If you request such a resource, we collect personal information such as your name and e-mail address
- We use this to make the requested resource available to you
sign up to our newsletter
- If you choose to sign up to our newsletter, we collect your name and e-mail address.
- We use this to send you the newsletter
request a print copy of a publication
- If you order a print copy of a publication, we collect personal information, including your name, telephone number and address.
- We use this information in order to fulfil your order
provide us with feedback
- If you provide feedback to us by using the Submit Feedback form, we collect your name and e-mail address, including any other personal information that you disclose to us.
- We use this information to improve the site and the resources we offer and may publish your feedback on an anonymous basis
register to attend an event
- If you register to attend an event, we collect personal information, including your name and e-mail address.
- We use this information to invite you to the event and provide other related information to you
register to be notified of vacancies or to apply for a role
- If you choose to be notified of vacancies at WPP or to apply for a role you will have to upload your CV to the site and possibly at a later date, update it. The personal information we collect includes your name, date of birth, gender and any other personal information that you disclose in your CV
- We use this information to either notify you of suitable vacancies or to consider your application for a vacancy
- If you choose to submit a tender to us, we collect any personal information you disclose to us in your submission
- We only use the personal information (to the extent relevant) to consider your submission.
We do not sell or rent your personal information. We may, however, disclose information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below, if:
you use certain of our Data or Tools
- to our employees, agents and third party hosters of those resources
you sign up to our newsletter
- to our employees and agents for them to send you our newsletter
you submit a review
- to our employees and agents for them to improve our services. If we post a review to our site, we will not disclose your name or e-mail address
you decide to order a print copy of a publication
- to our employees and agents for them to process and where possible complete your order
you register to attend an event
- to our employees and third parties that may be hosting the event
you register to receive information on vacancies with WPP
- to our employees and agents for them to provide you with information on vacancies in the category(ies) you have chosen
you apply for a vacancy
- to our employees and agents for them to assess your application
there is a transfer of business
- if ownership or operational control of all or part of the site is transferred, for whatever reason, we may disclose your personal information to the transferee
for legal or regulatory requirements
- if we are required to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process or if we have to enforce our Terms, we may disclose your personal information for those purposes
Aggregated statistics data
We may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the site with third parties and download and traffic patterns with our publishing partners and other third parties. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity; it just gives generalized information about the users of the site.
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collected the data.
We may transfer your information to, or store it in, countries located outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) which do not have as developed data protection laws. For example, if you are applying for a vacancy in one of WPP’s offices outside Sweden, the information you have provided will be shared with the hiring managers and the staff members in the selection panel for the vacancy in that country.
Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
As required by Swedish Data Protection laws, including the Personal Data Act (1998:204), we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorized access. In particular, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encode your personal information. SSL encrypts your contact details as it travels through the Internet.
Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.If you have any concerns about security, please email us at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that your personal information and your choices are accurate and up to date.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, either contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to unsubscribe or click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each of our newsletters.
Updating your details
If you wish to update your CV, log in to the Careers section and follow the instructions.
If you wish to update any other information we hold for you, e.g. your e-mail address to receive newsletters or an address for delivery of a print publication, please login to your profile and make the necessary changes or contact us at email@example.com.
Your personal data
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of this site or through any communications that you have had with us. You will need to provide us with a written signed request (e-mails are not accepted). We will provide this information free of charge for one request per calendar year. If you require more frequent copies of your information, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover our costs for providing this information. If you have any queries about your right or wish to make such a request, please contact us by post addressed to the Head of Communications, International IDEA, Strömsborg SE-103 34 Stockholm, Sweden and we will do our best to resolve these within a reasonable time.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Swedish Data Protection Authority.