The specific objectives of the WPP watch platform are to highlight:
- Individual accounts of women politicians in distress.
- Young women experiencing political hurdles as they try to participate in politics.
- Women activists raising their voices against ongoing political reforms, legislature and practices.
- Examples from the ground of success stories of women who are in political office despite persecution.
- Advocacy for women’s meaningful participation in politics without fear of abuse.
- Holding accountable perpetrators of violence and abuse against women politicians.
This edition of the WPP Watch focuses on women in political distress following the Tanzania elections, the Zimbabwe political situation and the Kenya political situation.